1978 - 1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Malibu, El Camino
1978 - 1988 Buick Regal, Grand National
1978 - 1988 Pontiac Grand Prix, LeMans
1978 - 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass
UMI’s 3056-3 arms are the ultimate in performance and are race proven on the UMI Green Machine. These adjustable upper a-arms are designed to excel in Pro-Touring, road race, auto-x and hot street corner carving. The race quality rod ends provide shim-free camber and caster adjustment along with ultimate smooth travel. This arm features a relocated ball joint pad to increase caster and improve stability and steering feel as well as a shortened cross shaft to ball joint distance. We recommend the 3056 arm for all racing applications. Arm includes 1” taller low friction ball joints for improved camber curve. 100% manufactured, tested and raced out of Philipsburg, PA – USA.
Features and benefits:
- Relocated ball joint pad for increased caster and improved steering feel without excess shims.
- 1” taller ball joint for improved camber curve.
- CNC laser cut ball joint mounting pad.
- 0.120” wall thickness 1.250” diameter DOM tubing.
- TIG welded for superior strength and clean looks.
- 4130 chromoly cross shafts, CNC machined & zinc plated.
- Polyurethane bump stops included.
- Travel limiting bolt compatible.
- Direct bolt-in compatible with factory or UMI lower a-arm.
- May also work in conjunction with other lower a-arms and/or spindles (contact UMI to discuss).
- Package includes recommended alignment specs and detailed installation instructions.
- Designed, tested, manufactured and raced in Philipsburg, PA-USA.
- Exact upper a-arm on UMI’s ’79 Monte Carlo- Green Machine.
Note: Upper a-arm P/N 3056-3 includes 1” taller ball joints and is designed to work with factory spindles. In most cases shims are not needed. Shims may still be required on some applications.